Three of these things are not like the others

One of the benefits/problems with entering a challenge late is that you can see what everyone else has made before you make your own.  In this particular case, everything normal (i.e. butterflies, flowers, snowflakes) that fit in this sketch had been done be someone else.  Then I found myself die cutting these trees out of various scraps on my desk, and I thought I would give it a shot.

Well, sometimes you follow a sketch to the letter, and sometimes it just inspires you and you start wandering off in your own direction.  It's been a while since I put that much ribbon on a card!  The gold background piece isn't a patterned paper, it's a scrap of something I painted myself.  As much as I love patterned papers, making my own papers is fun!

Challenges:

Juliet Arrighi


8 comments:

Debs said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, lovely papers and image.
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.
Hugs Debs

Mynn xx said...

I just love your trees! And the ribbon on the bottom is fabulous! Thank you for joining my DT call! You'll hear either way soon! :)

Jacqueline Smith said...

What a fabulous card, love the trees and the ribbons! Thanks for playing with us at Shelly's Images!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the three trees and the ribbons- and that is why I am so slow with card making- I am very visual, so need to look around and get ideas for my card- then it turns out nothing like I imagined- but I like it that way!

Tammy said...

Great way to use scraps!
Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Juliet :-)the trees are FAB ! I love the papers and the ribbons and cute little tag are perfect :-)

thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

gorgeous card - love the simple elegance of it - thanks for sharing with us at Whimsy Stamps
Hugs
Debbie xx

Beach Cat ! said...

Well, didja have to peek at what everyone else had done before you did yours???