Stitched snowflake ATC

The altereddesigns group challenge this week was to make an ATC with sewing on it. I have a punch that punches holes so that you can easily embroider flowers onto paper.  It occurred to me that it could be used to stitch snowflakes just as easily.
I used the punch for the big ones, and did the smaller ones freehand.  I had a hard time figuring out what I could do to make the the snowflake panel into a complete ATC other than framing it with layers, but then I looked out the window, and saw the trees with their bare branches.  I used the seasonal branch stamp set from AMuse Studio and the depth of field technique to stamp the branches, and then I used the faux embossed metal technique to create a tiny embellishment to tie the two parts together.

Challenges:


Juliet Arrighi

10 comments:

Myrna said...

Cool snowflakes and I love the branches behind them. Great card.
Myrna

Verna Angerhofer said...

You are so clever and talented. Love that ATC design.

Lee said...

What an artistic vision of the snowflake panel! Love the white and blue! Thanks so much for playing with us at Mod Squad!

Laura Sterckx said...

This is such a fun ATC! The tree branches look so pretty! They are very realistic! The snowflakes are just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

Cheryl said...

You came up with a great idea. Really impressive!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this fab ATC! I love your great stitching idea, and the branches in the background. Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com

Donna K said...

What a beautiful, unique ATC…your end result is so stunning. I really love this…thanks for sharing at SweetStamps.com for our Winter Blues challenge!

Patty Sue 2 said...

A cool winter scene! Thank you for joining us this week at THE PAPER SHELTER CHALLENGE! Good luck and I hope you will play with us again!

Cat Tidwell said...

How awesome! I love ATCs and Stitching, so this totally rocks! Thanks for playing along in our challenge this week!

rudlis said...

Beautiful ATC!! Lovely! Thank you for joining the challenge at SweetStamps.com and good luck!