Luminary card

My sister gave me a lovely birthday gift this year - the Christmas tree stamp and die set from Michael Strong.  It's a little late in the year for me to be making Christmas cards, though, so I thought, for my week as card captain for the EnjoyMichaelStrongStamps yahoogroup, I would try making things that aren't cards.
This is a luminary card - there is an electric tealight inside right now, but it fits over a glass votive holder, too.  The inside panels are vellum.   This is made from a single vertical half-sheet of standard size cardstock, so when flattened, it fits into a normal card envelope.  It's a card that is also a gift, or just keep it as a decoration.
Juliet Arrighi

6 comments:

Myrna said...

Wow, this is such a great card. I love cards that have character like that.
Myrna

Unknown said...

It's so beautiful all lit up!

Heidi

Hetty said...

What a beautifulway of using Mike's tree stamp, Juliet. Looking forward to see what other non card projects you come up with.

Laura said...

Your luminary is BEAUTIFUL!! I love it!
Hugs,
Laura

Chris said...

Really like this! :) It's awesome...bring it to share with everyone tomorrow!

Shelly Schmidt said...

LOVE!!! and WOWZERS! Gorgeous- cannot wait to see what else you have in store for this week : )