Stay Frosty

A Muse Studio has a stamp set called seasonal branch which screamed "Buy Me!" from the pages of the catalog the minute I saw it.  Why?  because it is a bare branch that can be stamped at almost any angle (or even straight up and down, to be a sapling), and it comes with various small stamps with which to complete it, like leaves, blossoms, berries, and even snowflakes.  It is the snowflake (3 snowflakes, actually) in particular that I needed for this card - most snowflake stamps are too big to scale with other images.

I first stamped it with embossing ink on watercolor paper, then used an iridescent powder to create my snowflakes.  I then used a watercolor wash on the background.  I like the irregular edge!  The sentiment was diecut from a Tim Holtz alpha, and the penguin is an old sticker that I got in a pack from Michaels last year or maybe the year before.  My 17yo liked it so much he asked to have it (and he has NEVER asked for one of my cards before!)

Challenges:



Juliet Arrighi

6 comments:

Myrna said...

Great card. Love your penguin.
Irregular edges really do something cool for this card.
Myrna

Kylie said...

Very cute penguin!!!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Rachel said...

Super cute card! Love your penguin.

Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas as Sweet Stampin this month, Wedgie xxx

Dawn said...

Beautiful card! Your background is spectacular - I too love the irregular edges. The penguin is super cute! Thanks so much for joining in at Christmas at Sweet Stampin. Hugs, Dawn

Jessica said...

Sooo frosty, I mean, cool. Loving the watercolor wash! And those stamps are truly the perfect size for that little penguin. Thanks for sharing at Use It Tuesday.

Deepti Stephens said...

Aww, this is so cute. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)