Ho Ho Ho (not ugly)

My mother was lamenting endlessly about some ugly Christmas cards she had bought.  I asked her why she bought them if they were ugly.  She replied that it was at a tag sale at her friend's house; she felt that she needed to buy something, and the cards didn't seem too bad at the time.  I told her that I didn't think it should be too hard to fix them up, and she offered to send me a few as a challenge.

I got the envelope today - first of all, I don't think these were intended to be complete cards, just card bases that could be fixed up with stickers.  Secondly, they aren't ugly, just not the bright colors my mother likes.  It took me just a couple of minutes to dress one up.
You can see it's a muted green and red, but not terrible.  The colors with do well with a sophisticated or a playful image.  I had this little santa, and the right colors of markers, so I stamped and layered him up.  I started out stamping a sentiment right in the green area, but I messed it up, so I created a paper ribbon of ho ho ho's to cover my mistake.  I think a little extra white brightens the card a bit.  I think it is pretty good for not having any dimensional elements.

Challenges:


Juliet Arrighi

9 comments:

Myrna said...

What a great save!!!!!
Myrna

Anjie said...

Great save. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
Anjie

Liz said...

Lovely, thanks for joining us at Polka doodles.

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a beautiful card you have made. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

Keti's Projects said...

Great job on dressing it up.

Thanks for playing with us at Izazovi i sladkiši this week. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for our BLOG HOP too.

HUgs, Keti (DT)

Andreja said...

What a beautiful card you made!
Thanks for playing with us at "Izazovi i Sladkiši" this week.
Be sure to stop by on November 7. for our BLOG HOP!!!
Hugs, Andreja

Sandra said...

Sorted!
Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments
xxx

Jennifer said...

Very cute card! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

alethea said...

Great job at brightening up the card! Looks fabulous!Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles! HUgsxx