Rose fairy ribbon doll

I have been admiring the ribbon dolls at Ten Two Studios, but never really wanted to make one just like Lisa's, and didn't have another body that I wanted to use.  However, I felt very enabled to create my own doll body after reading Collage Couture  by Julie Nutting, and I had some roses that I thought would be perfect on her outfit, so I went to work.
The Rose Surround is one of my favorite rose stamp sets, because it is designed specifically to accent other images, and it is very easy to cut out.  It was a little fidgety trying to get the pinks right - I ended up painting the roses and the dress with metallic shimmer paint.  The wings are from this butterfly, which I embossed with vintage lavender tinsel embossing powder (my friends wondered when I bought it what I was going to use it for, but this is the second time in as many months that it has been the perfect shade and texture for what I wanted to do) onto heavy vellum.  The ribbons are an assortment from my ridiculously large collection.  I did add a ribbon to the head for hanging, but because it is fairly light and flat, it hangs just as well with a glue dot:
 I will be mailing this to another lady in my altereddesigns group, as I made it for the torso mingle.  It figures that I couldn't limit myself to just a torso.

Challenges:

Juliet Arrighi

6 comments:

Myrna said...

Juliet
You have done a great job on this ribbon doll. Love the mix of colors.
Myrna

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh she is so beautiful. Really, really stunning results. I like that you used printed material for the body.

Chris said...

Love it - I saw the thumbnail and couldn't wait to see more!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a beatuiful ribbon doll. Fabulous work creating her from scratch!! Thanks for joining our Shabby Chic & Ribbon Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Vicky said...

Gorgeous just gorgeous , I love,love ,love her :) Great work Juliet !

Anonymous said...

This is a charming Shabby Chic project! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon : ) Huggs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio