Holly Dolly

The Challnge this past week was to make an art doll attached to an ATC base, with limbs that could fold up into the ATC for storage.  This was a fun idea to me - I like making paper dolls of all sizes.  However, I couldn't think if a theme until I saw a diecut Christmas tree in my pile on the desk (POTD for you Canadians) and thought it would make a fun skirt.  Thus, Holly Dolly was born.
The holly print paper happens to be the reverse of the green snowflake paper.  I think you've seen me use this doll body (I printed a sheet of them) before on other projects, but this is the first time I've used it for a jointed doll. However, the assignment wasn't just to make a doll, but attach it to an ATC base.  As I was doing that, it occurred to me that it would make even more sense to put her on a Christmas card, so she could be displayed for the holiday season before being stored an an ATC album.  I figured out that by attaching elastic cord to the card base, I could easily display an ATC without making it difficult to remove later.
 You can see the ATC, the silver elastic cord, and the card base here.  The tree die is from A Muse Studio - I use it a lot this time of year.

Challenges:



Juliet Arrighi

7 comments:

Myrna said...

Wow, stunning card and such a great idea. You certaily are very creative.
Myrna

Pam MacKay said...

What a cut paper doll all dressed up in her holiday best! Thanks for joining Creative Knockouts!

michele said...

Fabulous ATC & paper doll! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

julie said...

So cute!
Thanks for joining us at Craft 4 Eternity !

Laurie HIMCR said...

Great card! I love the doll! She's so original and fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

Hiding in My Craft Room
~Laurie

Katherine Clayton said...

What a GREAT way to use your scraps! I jus Love it!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Hiding In My Craft Room for Super Scraps Saturday! Hope to see you next week .....and Good Luck!!!

Kathy HIMCR DT
UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a cool idea- love the Christmas tree die as a dress! You are so creative : )