Thanksgivukkah crackers

With the convergence of Hanukkah and Thanksgiving, I found myself in a slightly awkward situation.  I normally give gifts to to my children each night at Hanukkah, but I have company coming for Thanksgiving, and didn't want to create an awkward situation where only my children get gifts, or the equally uncomfortable one of buying a lot of extra gifts.  While I was shopping, I saw a display of Christmas crackers, and decided that would be my solution for that night - I could certainly afford a cracker for everyone, young and old! I'm thankful for all my friends; they deserve a little fun.
I found some that looked fairly neutral, kraft paper with lace trim.  After I got them home, I decided I could kick them up a notch:
It was not hard, and I got to use some punches that don't often get brought out.  I just hope that whatever is inside isn't Christmassy.  Regardless, I will have to do this every time Hanukkah and Thanksgiving happen on the same night.

Challenges:


Juliet Arrighi

7 comments:

SusanK said...

What a great idea so that no one is left out! Oh, and supposedly it will be another 77,000 years before the 2 holidays overlap so I think you're safe in not having to do this again. lol Happy Chanukah!

Myrna said...

Brilliant idea Juliet.
Myrna

Shelly Schmidt said...

You are so thoughtful! Love this cool idea and your decoration on them.

Unknown said...

Fantastic way to add to the festivities of your Thanksgivukkah!
I'm sure everyone is going to love the little treats...and your thoughtfulness.
Thanks so much for sharing this week at HIMCR. We hope to see you back very soon!
hugs--
Roberta
Hiding in My Craft Room Design Team
Queen Bee Paper Crafts

Norma said...

Wonderful idea and everyone will love these treats. Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
Hugs,
Norma

NickScrapShack said...

Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Catz this week. Those crackers look fantastic.

Nick

Laurie HIMCR said...

These are great and I'm sure were a big hit!

Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

Hiding in My Craft Room
~Laurie