Santa in the city

Santa's flight is one of my favorite Christmas stamp sets, because the image is just so iconic, and it lends itself to so many techniques.  Although the image is very large, it takes very little time to color, and and works with a lot of techniques.  However, I feel like all my cards that I make with it are the same - Santa flying through the sky.  I was telling my friend and amuse studio demonstrator about this, and she handed me another stamp set, love is in the air, which has a nice cityscape.  I decided to give it a try.

The images are embossed in silver, and I colored them first with a white pen, then went over the white with glitter pens.  Although I wouldn't usually use so much black on a card, it really makes the color pop.

Challenges:


Juliet Arrighi

10 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the pop of color off of the black- the City Scape is a great set for this set : )

Myrna said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!
I love that Santa.
The city scene is so cool with this stamp.
Myrna

Niki said...

This looks great, works very well. I like the contrast between the lines of the buildings and the curve of the sleigh stamp.

Barbara Bruder said...

Love the look of this card. Santa in the City is great. Looks so nice embossed and colored. Thanks for joining us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month. Come back soon. Hugs, Barbara { personal blog - Art and Soul Creations}

Chris said...

Just love how it turned out!! Love your gel pen work. And, Santa's Flight is on sale this month! :)
buy it!

Chrissie said...

Many apologies for my extremely late visit.
I was at a craft show on Friday and singing in a choral concert on Saturday!
This is great fun!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Bettina L. said...

This is such fun. Love the night design with the santa on the sledge over the city. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

Angela said...

Your card looks so great,i really like the flying santa.
Thank’s a lot for joining us at our V for Viven Challenge by ABC Christmas Challenge
Hope to see you again
Hugs and greetings
Angela DT

April said...

This is so cool! Looks like Christmas Eve. I love how the colors pop. Thanks for joining us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle challenge!

Curly said...

Wow superb colouring and layout, absolutely stunning creation :)

Thank you so much for joining us at
Without Words Challenge I Hope you will try to join us again :)
Have a lovely day
Crafty hugs
Bridget :)