not Renoir

At the altereddesigns yahoogroup, there is a challenge to make an arch with "Flowers Galore"  the first thing that came to my mind (and probably everyone else's) was to make paper flowers and but them all around a focal point (probably a woman).  I started experimenting with this idea, and everything I came up with just seemed uninspired.  I looked at the few cards that had already been posted, and yes, they were exactly as I supposed they would be.  I felt even less inspired, feeling like I was just making what everyone else was making.

I was looking through my Dover samples hoping for a different direction for this challenge, when I came across a coloring page based on a painting by Renoir (Dover has a lot of coloring books for grownups).  I digitally altered them to fit the project parameters, then printed out several copies with the thought of doing some kind of decoupage, but after I looked at the prints, I realized it would be too fidgety for me to cut out.  I ended up coloring it with the Penciled Twinks technique. The shimmer doesn't show in the scan.
 So, basically, it is just a colored image, which is not what people in the altereddesigns group do.  I suppose I could embellish it, but I'm not convinced it would make it better, just busier. it's a fairly complicated design to color, and my gut is telling me that it looks fine just the way it is.  I just don't know if other people will like it as much as I do.
Juliet Arrighi


3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

OMG- I love this gorgeous image and your coloring is fabulous!!!

Myrna said...

Juliet
What a lot of different flowers. Must have been a pain to color but you did a great job.
Myrna

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gorgeous. I agree, it doesn't need any embellishments. Your texture is gorgeous.