Watered Crayons

It's a new technique at Technique Junkies - Watered Crayons.  I thought I would try it with shades of green.  The problem with making my own backgrounds is that I don't like covering them up with   layers of images and matting; I want them to show.  I decided I would try stamping directly on the background, but since it was such a rich deep color, I went ahead and embossed like crazy.


The grass is stamped with Tim Holtz distress ink and embossed with clear embossing powder; everything else is embossed with white.

TIP:  when you have a lot of heat embossing, especially around a border, do one piece or side at a time to reduce the risk of smudging your embossing media.  Work from the inside to the edges, and let cool between applications.
 All the stamps are from the snail&co set by a•muse studio.

Challenges:

Juliet Arrighi


12 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely card and great colours. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday and sharing your tip . Elaine

Myrna said...

Juliet
I love how you made your background. Embossing sure makes a card pop.
Such a sweet butterfly.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such great comments.
The swing cards are cut on the Cricut with an svg from Penny Duncan. They are such fun to make and get rid of the bits laying around. lol When you open them they have a blank piece of note paper for writing on. I think they would be easy to cut with an exacto knife but I am too lazy to measure.
Myrna

Wendy H said...

I love this Juliet. I love the colours and the sentiment. Thnak you for the tip. I've become a follower. Wendy from FP xx

Kat said...

This is lovely Juliet. I love your hand made background and the embossing works really well with it. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

An Occasional Genius said...

I know how you feel about backgrounds, all that effort to cover them up...no! This one is fab & the embossing stands out beautifully x

Sue said...

This is lovely! Your crayon background and embossing look fabulous and I like your colour combination. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS.

Anonymous said...

fab card so different too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, and thanks for sharing your Top Tip! hugs Samantha :0)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I love this card. The colours are so springy. Thanks for the tip re embossing.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card Juliet. Love how you have created the background. Great tip about the embossing TFS. Thank you for playing along with the ATCAS challenge this week.
Regards Florence x

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

fabulous card!
thanks for joining us at MTTC!!!

Anonymous said...

great card thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

sheila 77 said...

Your background is lovely and I do like what you have added - the grasses, the butterfly, the flowers and the stitching - to make a very different kind of card.