USA Banner

I know it's a little early for the patriotic stuff, but I am preparing to teach a workshop next month, and I hope to do some sort of patriotic banner.  I thought I would do a brief test run on some of the elements, to get an idea of the time and skill involved and to test how annoying it would be to cut out letters by hand.
 It turns out, that cutting out big letters is not that big a deal, even though I had to cut 2 for each pennant.  The rosettes were easy - I found red and white striped paper at Michaels.  I can get 3 repetitions of USA and 4 rosette pennants out of 5 sheets of cardstock, for a length of about 55 inches in under 2 hours. How cute would this be at a Memorial Day or Fourth of July barbecue?

Of course, this is the super simple version.  With the right stamps and embellishments, this could be very artsy.  I almost never use primary red and blue; who knows how long I've had this paper in my stash?

Challenges:

Juliet Arrighi


9 comments:

Dewi Lestari said...

Great banner! Thanks for joining at Creative Craft Challenges: Red, White and Blue
Hugs
Dewi

Vicky said...

Nice banner .Love the rosettes :)

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

Great banner!! Thanks for joining our DCD star challenge.

Veronica DCD

Sherri said...

Great banner, and yes that's a lot of glue, lol. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Use It Tuesday.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Great banner! I love those rosettes! Thanks so much for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

Stacey

L.B. said...

Great banner. Never to early to be prepared right? Thanks for joining us at DCD

Chris said...

I love it - and I'm sure you'll jazz it up even more in the end! :) I'd send the photo to Erin if you haven't already.

Merry said...

Wonderful banner Juliet...those rosettes are terrific. Thanks for sharing this with us at Unstampabelles for our Anything but a Card Challenge.

Gerda said...

What a great banner!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com