Techniques for roses

I have recently come into two different rose silhouette stamps - the wild rose from a•muse studio, and this rose from Sweetstamps.  To be honest, I probably have dozens of roses in my stamp collection.  They are my favorite flower to stamp.  However, these are my first rose silhouettes, and I am excited to be able to use some different techniques with my roses.

This technique is called Copic Colored Embossing.  Some places refer to it as Black Magic, but since Black Magic is now a type of paper (black paper with a colored core, part of the Coredinations line), I'm not calling it that.
It's a very simple card layout.  I tried various embellishments, but ultimately I thought the image was too pretty to cover up.  I can probably sneak a sentiment into the lower left corner if I need one.  The framing element is a Nellie Snellen die.  it is actually a square die, but I cut 2 and pieced them together.

Challenges:

Juliet Arrighi


13 comments:

Diana E. said...

I think, one of your most beautiful cards. Then I am partial to flowers. Love everything about this card.

julie_woolston said...

Stunning card.
Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.
Hugs Julie x

Myrna said...

Juliet
Blogger is playing games with me :(
or maybe it is the telephone repair man. At any rate, if you get two comments so be it.
My first comment was: wow this is truly beautiful. Love the pink and black together. Roses are my favorite.
I dislike squares so was happy to see how you made a rectangle from a square. I never think of that when I am looking for a rectangle and all I come up with is squares.
Myrna

An Occasional Genius said...

Beautiful Juliet x

Cindy van Oorschot said...

very pretty Juliette, love how it stands out from the black, Thanks for joining us at Crafting for All Seasons.
Cindy

Loll said...

Beautiful card. Love the rose spray done on the black. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Loll :)

lady jasmine crafts said...

The rose is gorgeous thank you for joining us at Rhedd and Rosie. xx

Vicky said...

pretty card ,the black really makes the rose pop :) good use of the die by piecing it together , I would have never know :) how clever.

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOW- this is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a gorgeous Rose Image!

Thanks for joining us at Lexis Creations for our Punch and Dies Challenge, hugs Susan x

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Beautifully created!! Love the Sweet Stamps Rose!! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stamps and good luck!!

Danielle Vincent said...

WOW its beautiful. Love the colors against the black. Very elegant. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M

Bianca said...

Wow! This is such a fab project! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca