Black Lace

I'm sliding back into the digital gutter. Exhibit A:

The assignment is to make inchies with lace for a mingle (sort of like a swap). There are a lot of ways to go with this idea. I could attach real lace to an inchie, or make paper lace with punches, or even crochet little tiny doilies (yeah, right!) but instead I had to go digital. This isn't even really lace, it is fractal art.



The words were cut out of a book that I got from the dollar store.

So, I had this all this fractal lace that I printed out, used a total of 4 square inchies, and didn't have a plan for the rest of it, when I recalled the Clean and Simple challenge at Gingersnap Creations. Their thesis is that if you take a printed image, cut it into a triptych and tie a ribbon around it, it qualifies as a handcrafted card. Really?



What do you think? Does this count as a "real" card?

Juliet Arrighi

3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Now this is really neat- I would not even know where to begin- I need a tutorial!

Ali Manning said...

Lovely card, Juliet!

Danise said...

Fractical art...soooo cool one of my favorite things to look at and yet don't even understand how it is done.Yes you came up with a really cool way to imatiate lace...LOVE it!