Old and new

I like the Sketch and Stash challenges because you don't only have to make a card, you have to use something in your stash that hasn't been used in a long time, if ever. This card has some of that, and some new stuff, too.



The background paper I just bought today, in a DCWV mat stack. There isn't really any need to buy large pads of paper when I can get the same patterns in a mat stack, and the scale of the patterns are better for cards, too. The image was one I altered yesterday - she was wearing a brown hat with a green bow and a beige dress when I started tweaking her. The sentiment is one very long stamp that I cut into three pieces. I think it is a great stamp, but it won't fit on a portrait-oriented card. For that reason, it probably has seen ink in over two years. The flower is old, too. My mother gave it to me, along with a bunch of other flowers, all stripped from silk foliage. She doesn't see the point of buying primas, not when silk flowers are so cheap. I'm inclined to agree.

Juliet Arrighi

1 comments:

Cathy said...

Fabulous card Juliet. Lovely image and a great take on the Sketch.
Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash.
Cathy xx