12 tags of Christmas - day 10

When I saw Tim's embossed metal tag, three little words popped into my head - Cuttlebug Embossing Folder.



It's a birthday folder, but isn't Christmas supposed to be a birthday? I used the Stained Glass Foil Technique from the December 2002 TJNL - the technique predates the Cuttlebug embossing folders, but the basic idea is there - you don't need Ten Minute Metal, you can use ordinary kitchen foil. I used my ghetto copics to color in the recessed areas, and I found I could wipe off the smudges on the high areas with Stazon cleaner - I don't know if that is a helpful tip for anyone. It's a fun little tag - I love the colors!

Juliet Arrighi

5 comments:

Beach Cat ! said...

hmmmm Nice Christmas card ... Didn;'t realize you were so into Christmas. I love the colors and the birthday idea. When my kids were little, we made a birthday cake for Jesus every year for Christmas.

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the look of the foil, and the colors are beautiful.

kc_froglady said...

Great tag and you are right it is a birthday we are celebrating :)

Terri said...

Great job. This was my favorite of his so far. Thanks for the idea to use a CB folder instead. Definitely going to have to give this a try now.

Danise said...

Hey Juliet,
This is wonderful!!!!
Remember I'm the one who loves to use coffee can foils to make embelishments out of so this looks soooo cool and e-mail me on the details if you would please.Huggs and kisses!