12 tags of Christmas - day 9

Tim Holtz used photos on his tag today, so I thought I would do the same, and when I found this set of photos, I knew I had to use them. They are all from the Virginia Renaissance Faire - I used to be a cast member.



I didn't really use a film strip. I created the filmstrip digitally, and printed it out on plain copy paper. I then burnished it with the same green ink I burnished on the background, and that's what makes it look transparent. The words read "Merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again." That was the closing toast that is offered every evening at the close of the faire. I tried and failed to find decent numbers to go with this tag. I wanted to put 1586, which is the year we were portraying. The flower was supposed to look like a Tudor Rose, but it isn't very good. A lot of this tag came out perfectly, and some of it, I don't know what to say. I don't like the ribbon at all, and if i think if something better to put in that spot, I will. Any suggestions?

Juliet Arrighi

0 comments: