12 tags of Christmas - day 8

Tim's tag featured some sheet music on vellum, a lamp post, and a key. It seemed like a pretty random collection to me, and I don't have a sheet music stamp, so I knew I was going to have to print the music out on the printer, and then, when I thought about what song to use, the whole thing just came together:



I used the Faux Vellum technique on the paper with the music, and I was so excited to being doing that technique, I forgot to ink the edges first. The ink doesn't like to go on afterward. I could barely get a glue dot to hold on the dreidel, and I assure you the spiral clip is functional. I almost glued real chocolate gelt to the bottom, but I found this plastic pirate treasure to use instead.

Juliet Arrighi

3 comments:

Debby said...

Saw this posted on one of the groups this morning, can't remember which one, and was admiring it then. Very nice. I love it!

Debby said...

fyi. my comment bounced back that this email was invalid - juliet.a@juno.com - did you change it?

Deb (dcorder) said...

I loved this tag when you sent it to the TJ list. I like your version much better than Tim's - I can't figure out what that key is about. But this rocks!