12 tags of Christmas - day 11

To be honest, I didn't particularly like the three flowers that Tim used on his tag today, even though they comprised both of the new techniques he was trying to demonstrate. Santa's face just does not need to be in the center of a flower. I decided to make more roses similar to the metallic ones I did on the Day 2 tag, and I thought that a dove might be more likely to fly than a reindeer, and somewhat more necessary, considering the state of the world.



I stamped and embossed the dove on Vintage Silver Lustre cardstock from PaperTemptress, and the dove and word stamp are from a retired SU set. I don't like Su much, but this is the best dove I've seen on a stamp - not to big or small, not too realistic or cartoony, just clean and simple and elegant, and as much as I like stamping this dove on white, I think it pooks even better on the silver lustre.

You can see the star brads i'm using to hold the roses together on one of my roses. The directions for these roses are best described by Valita.

Juliet Arrighi

2 comments:

Beach Cat ! said...

WOW... they just keep getting better and better. I wanna be YOU when I grow up!

Terri said...

This one came out great. Love the dove and the flowers.