12 tags of Christmas - day 6

Tim's tag today featured an old car hauling a Christmas tree. However, a couple of days ago, Hetty challenged me to make at least one of my cards a Hannukah card, and I thought this was the perfect one to change. I would fill the back of this old pickup truck with potatoes (for latkes), and run with it from there.



Making the little potato sack was the most fun part of this challenge. Discovering that the punch Valerie gave me fits the Star of David stamp I own exactly was pretty thrilling, too. The calendar page was from an old calendar on my refrigerator - it was coming down by the end of the month anyway.

The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz set - I thought it was a good way of tying the truck in with the holiday.

Juliet Arrighi

3 comments:

Beach Cat ! said...

wow, and all I do is collect the directions for the Tim HOltz tags with the best of intentions to do something someday. Congrats on making the tag in the here and now. Your potato sack is adorable. Not sure about potato sacks, but around there the trucks are hauling the sugar beets to the factory and dropping them all over the road. Wish they had them in sacks!

Beth Norman said...

Gosh, this is awesome. You're doing a great job on all your tags.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Juliet you are a rock star! This is my favorite tag so far- I love all of the original twists you have added to it- especially the star tag and the calendar page. I am looking forward to seeing what you will come up with next!