In my mailbox

I have received some lovely and largely unexpected treats in my mailbox this year from my papercrafting friends this month, and I think they deserve a little space in my blog.

Let me start with the one that I was expecting:



My mom made this one with a card kit that she bought from QVC. She didn't like the embellishments that came with the kit, so she went her own way. I probably got my papercrafting skill from my mom.



This is an ATC, which is great! Nancy Allen knows I collect ATCs, so it makes sense to send me a little card like this rather than the big traditional ones.



Cat Gondek drew this owl, and then subjected it to the Zindorf technique. I think it makes a very cute and different Christmas card. I loved this card so much, she sent me two more featuring images that she drew:




As you can see, she turned her drawing into a digistamp. Cool, huh? I'm trying to get her to share her drawings with the world as digistamps. If you would like Cat to make digistamps to share, please go to her blog and leave her some love.




These next two are by Pamela Clark of Firecracker Designs by Pamela. I had been bugging her for an ATC with a horse on it (her horse sheet is my favorite one that she makes - definitely on my wish list!), so she included this one along with a set to swap in the Technique Junkies ATC swap, and she tuck the whole lot in this larger card with the bird on it. The ATC uses the Sanded Whitewash technique, and the card uses Double-Bugging.



This last card is actually the first Christmas card I received this year. It's from Betsy Hawkins, who also swaps int he TJ ATC swap. This is what is commonly known as a corset or bellyband card - you have to slip off the white part band to open the card.

It is so much fun to get a homemade card! I love that all these people took the time to make something special just for me - Thank you!

Juliet Arrighi

1 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- lucky you- so your favorite stamp are the horses? So, do you have horses? Do you ride???
I hope you have a wonderful December- Hannukah, Christmas and New Years!!!