Glimmer paper and alcohol markers

A lot of you are playing with alcohol markers (copics) now, and needing to buy expensive white paper to print your images, like Neenah and GP coverstock. Anything less tears up or soaks through (or so I've heard - I've only used Silver Lustre for my coloring up until now).

I figured that since I already had nice Glimmer Paper (PaperTemptress), I would try that with my ghetto copics (Bic Mark-its). Although I had white, I wanted to use a colored paper to see how the color would show through the mark-its.



This is so shimmery - really a lot like stained glass. The ink puddled a little on the glimmer paper, almost like a watercolor, but dried fairly quickly. I bet it would be a dream to blend on a larger image - this one is less than two inches across, no room for blending colors.

The layout is from Get Sketchy, downsized and rotated a little. I wanted to make an ATC using the digital background I created yesterday, from a photo of a martian landscape that I found online. I used a blend mode with a gradient to colorize the image, then an enamel filter to increase the depth. Unfortunately, you hardly notice it for all the bling and ribbon and glimmer - it almost seems a waste of a trip to Mars. It's a good thing those good folks at NASA had other things than my artistic needs in mind.

Juliet Arrighi

4 comments:

Angèle said...

Your card is beautiful!!

~amy~ said...

wow!!!!! Gorgeous work, as always!!!

Thanks for playing with us over at Get Sketchy!

liszha said...

Very beautiful and so your own style. Great job. Thanks for giving our sketch a try!
Hugs,
Lisette

Dora said...

It is a beauty, love the coloring!
thanks for playing!