Just for kicks

Paper Popsicles had a shape card freebie on Friday, with a challenge to use it on Monday. I downloaded the template, but felt uninspired. Why would I want to make a card that looks like a boot?

It was not much later when the mail came. My mother, wonderful sweet person that she is, bought me an assortment of luxury papers from the Paper Temptress. Patricia (the Paper Temptress herself) thought it was so sweet that my mother would get me such a nice selection of papers for my birthday threw in an additional little birthday present - some very cool leather papers. Suddenly it all clicked.

Leather paper + Boot template = Leather Boot card.



The card stands up and opens up like a regular card, although you cannot tell it from the scan. The natural color layering that occurs with markers created the stacked heel effect, and the stocking was a scrap of pink mulberry paper. The faux stitching was done with the fine point end of the same marker that colored the heel and the lining, and I used the twisted edge technique for the ribbon. The Paper Temptress leather papers can be used like regular cardstock - they take ink perfectly, and the come in great leathery colors. I wish you could see the texture in this card.

The hardest part was coming up with a good pun to write on the inside:

"I thought you'd get a kick out of this!"

Juliet Arrighi

5 comments:

Chrisd said...

How cool is that!

Anonymous said...

This is sooooo outrageously CUTE! You have such a creative mind!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is outstanding- and Congrats! What an awesome DT to be on!!! I look forward to seeing all of your creative ideas....Oh, by the way, this would make an AWESOME ATC!

Anita said...

Cute card! I wouldn't know the differances between laser and ink jet printer but would love to know what you find out. I have tested the Sparkle line, basis line, lustre line, Iridescents line and some different whites with wonderful results. I would love to know what you try. anitamocha@charter.net

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is fantastic! I love what you created!! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Popsicles!!