Queen's Progress

The big problem I had been having with the queen image is that I couldn't get the gold Celtic frame gold enough. The only real metallic colorants I have are opaque, and obscure the stamping. It them occurred to me that I should stamp the frame separately, and paper piece it onto the portrait of the queen. Fortunately, I happened to have a piece of Gold Laser Lustre:


You can see the improvement in the color in this scan, but not the reflective nature of the Gold Lustre. Here is a photo.



Here you can see the grain and shimmer of the Gold Lustre. The Laser style has this vertical texturing that gives the paper a very formal feel. It stamps and paper pieces very well. The portrait was done on the free pink parchment that the PaperTemptress uses for her invoices. The layout is from Aly's Sunday Challenge, proof positive that a ten year old can design a better card than I can.

The card looks a little bluer in the photo - I think the scan translates colors better. Which do you think I should use more often - photos or scans?

I'm about done playing with the queen. There is a king and a knight in that stamp set...

Juliet Arrighi

4 comments:

Tami said...

Thanks for playing at Aly's and Aly Says "it looks very pretty, I like classical things" Hope to see you again.

the PaperTemptress said...

You think EXACTLY the same way I do!! I waste nothing! Great card, bet it is stunning in real life even though the scan is very nice! Breathtaking!!

Patricia
the Papertemptress

Shelly Schmidt said...

Outstanding card- went to play her challenge, and it is over already- so, will play for the next one. Geepers- this is fabulous in both the picture and the scan! Are you going to play in Hidden Potential this week???

Chris said...

Stunning cards Juliet! When I saw this set in the catalog I knew it was "you". Hope I get to see these in person - but they are spectacular even here on screen! :)